Strange behavior of rails - configuration ?, memory leak ?, system ? - error

System problems with rails ? I have dveloped a rather complex rails application with many gems and pluginsg. It worked fine until some days ago, when I started to get some unredicatble errors that I cannot understand

When I use a certain function for the second time, the system responds with the error ActionView::TemplateError (No such file or directory - getcwd) on line #10 of app/views/layouts/configuration.html.erb: I use a plugin in this code called navigation helper , but I do not think that's the problem. When I i change the code I still get the same error message pointing to line 10 that then is completely different. The only way to progress is to restart the server (I use webrick in a local setup on a mac), then it works again until I use that function the second time

When I load en error reporting plugin josevalim-rails-footnotes I also get the errors ActionView::TemplateError (No such file or directory - getcwd) in / Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.3/lib/action_controller/ templates/rescues/_trace.erb ArgumentError (A copy of AuthenticatedSystem has been removed from the module tree but is still active!): ArgumentError (A copy of ApplicationController has been removed from the module tree but is still active!): I have got similar errors before, but then I just have to reload the page to get it working agin

What is going on ? Have I configured rails in a wrong way, is my program eating up itself or is there memory leaks, is it a system bug or what ???

Any help would be very appreciated

System problems with rails ?

I have dveloped a rather complex rails application with many gems and

pluginsg.

It worked fine until some days ago, when I started to get some

unredicatble errors that I cannot understand

So, what changed some days ago?

When I use a certain function for the second time, the system responds

with the error

ActionView::TemplateError (No such file or directory - getcwd) on line

#10 of app/views/layouts/configuration.html.erb:

What’s exactly on line #10 of configuration.html.erb? At this time, I can

only make guesses because you haven’t provided enough information.

-Conrad

ps: Please provide a better subject in your future posts to the mailing

list. It will help us better help you.

I cannot say what happend about 10 days ago, I implemented som new remote calls with forms and started to use nested forms and also more javascripts, but nothing more specific was done. Also changed to a new Imac and had to reinstall rails and other things, but that was done some days before the errors showed up

The line 10 is the last line in this call (navigation is a method in plugin navigation helper) <%= navigation [ :about_disweb, 'Displays information about current version of Disweb'.to_local(:view), :import_gedcom_file, 'Import of data from gedcom files (note that all existing data then is deleted)', :import_gedcom_picture, 'Import of pictures defined in from gedcom files (note that meta data is already saved in table pictures)', :clear_flock, 'Deletes all data in the flock'], :hover_text => true, :authorize => [:all], :usage => :role_requirement %>

but when I rearrange the code the line 10 could also be the 3 line above