Storing html form tags in the database

Hey all,

I would like to capture all the typical form elements that a user is authorized to change, such as input type text, radio, check and textarea,etc - all of these html elements - and actually capture in the database by index. When current_user modifies these values, if he/she is authorized, then, then the input field is updated in the database. Does anyone know a good way to store a list of all the form elements in a table so they could be updated as these fields are changed by users?

Thanks for any response

John Merlino wrote:

Hey all,

I would like to capture all the typical form elements that a user is authorized to change, such as input type text, radio, check and textarea,etc - all of these html elements - and actually capture in the database by index. When current_user modifies these values, if he/she is authorized, then, then the input field is updated in the database. Does anyone know a good way to store a list of all the form elements in a table so they could be updated as these fields are changed by users?

This seems like a bad idea, but you haven't explained your use case clearly enough to be certain. What are you really trying to accomplish here?

Thanks for any response

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

John Merlino wrote:

Hey all,

This seems like a bad idea, but you haven't explained your use case clearly enough to be certain. What are you really trying to accomplish here?

Thanks for any response

Best, -- Marnen Laibow-Koser http://www.marnen.org marnen@marnen.org

For example, when a user tries to edit a form element, such as a text input field, I want to capture who did in order to determine whether they are privileged to do it and if they are, when they make the change, I want to capture their user id and time in which it was updated.

John Merlino wrote: [...]

For example, when a user tries to edit a form element, such as a text input field, I want to capture who did in order to determine whether they are privileged to do it and if they are, when they make the change, I want to capture their user id and time in which it was updated.

So it sounds like it's not really the HTML form elements you're interested in, but the attributes of the object being edited. Right?

If so, then don't drag the HTML into it.

Best,