Sphinx search not indexing the new record

Hi, I have an application which is doing search using "sphnix" search. Everything is working fine but whenever user adding new record it is not able to index. For that I have to again reindex the all records.

My user model is like this class User < ActiveRecord::Base   define_index do     indexes first_name     indexes last_name     indexes email   end end

Can anyone tell me how to solve this?

Thanks, Tushar

Hi, I have an application which is doing search using "sphnix" search. Everything is working fine but whenever user adding new record it is not able to index. For that I have to again reindex the all records.

My user model is like this class User < ActiveRecord::Base define_index do    indexes first_name    indexes last_name    indexes email end end

Can anyone tell me how to solve this?

This is normal. Not sure which of the sphinx plugins you are using, but look into the "delta" options. You'll have to add a flag to the model and configure it. Basically it creates your normal index and then a "delta" index (anything new/updated). Sphinx will then search both. It's still advisable to re-index periodically so as not to have too big a delta.

-philip