Speed up image processing of Paperclip in Acceptance Tests

Hi All,

I have a question here: How to Speed up image processing of Paperclip in Acceptance Tests

When running capybara feature specs I can see lots of Slow factory notices which are populated byfactory_girl. These Slow factory things heavy slow down the feature specs, I think, even feature specs are intrinsic slow specs. Then I had some inspect and found out most of the Slow factory was caused bypaperclip. We had model using paperclip here:

FactoryGirl.define do
  factory :asset do
    image Rails.root.join('spec/fixtures/sample.jpg').  open
end
end

So I wonder if there’s a way like test mode for paperclip to speed up tests. I have simple solution here: Just copy the original file instead of actually crop it.

The stackoverflow link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18605203/speed-up-image-processing-of-paperclip-in-acceptance-tests

Wondering also, how many times do you test the same paths with this? Maybe judicious use of before(:all) for some tests might speed things up as well? Another though (not really knowing if this makes sense) — if your image is 1x1 pixels does it do anything? You really should not need to test the actual image rendering bits more than once or twice in your whole suite.

Speed up image processing by using a easy to use image scaling, image resizing, image cropping or image flipping pulgins. Adopt the simplest apis and sample codes in this tutorial.