Specifying a URI prefix for a route

All,

I have an unusual requirement. I have two apps. deployed in a JEE container (one Rails, one Merb), and I am redirecting various requests between them. That is, from app. A, I am redirecting to a app. B URL and vice versa.

Because these are JEE apps., I have to specify a "servlet context" which is basically a prefix to keep the docroots of various Web apps. distinct. For example, the first app. might be deployed under app_one, so an example URL would look like:

http://server/app_one/posts

In this example, the doc root is /app_one/

I would like to use routes to generate my "cross-app" URLs, but what I am running into is that because the URLs from the routes are being generated relative to the current document root, I am having to remove the current application's document root from the URL using gsub to get the links to work.

Is a parameter than can be used in the routes.rb file (and router.rb in the Merb world, if you know) to specify that the generated URI should be absolute and not relative to the current docroot?

Thanks, Wes

if u are using mongrel, you can add the global prefix like this: mongrel_rails start --prefix /myapp the Path following --prefix must begin with /

However, i make no senss of deploying app in jee.