Word up and thanks to those that continue to contribute positively to
I am about to lop off my left nut to get to the bottom of a strange
behavior I'm witnessing.
Rails somehow can't find an action name called 'start' in any of my
controllers. Rename it to, say, 'startx', load that url, and it works
Before I go off shearing this yak any further, can anyone please
suggest how I should go about debugging this? I'd like to be able to
discover exactly where in the stack Rails is somehow not
I realize continual test coverage across my controller actions might
have prevented the hairiness of this yak that stands before me. I'll
light a TDD candle later.
Right now, I've gotta shear this here yak. I have tried:
- removing all plugins
- removing all my custom routes
- tried the action in different controllers
- opened a breakpointer in the controller
- making sure I haven't used 'start' in some funny way anywhere in the
- tried the action declaration in different controllers
- created a new rails app and _could not_ replicate the problem
- asked the Google
- begun to shave the yak's genitals
All I want is an action called start, like I have had many times in
the past (sans yak).
I'm about to do some more playing with the debugger, and create a
functional test against the controller.
Thanks for reading.