sending DIV form content when submitting form

Hi All

I have a form that has two select/list form elements. I'm using ajax (rjs, partials, and observe_field) to enable a user to move items from one list/select to another list/select. When the user is satisfied with the items they've collected in the 'destination' list/select box, they hit a 'Submit' button.

My question is how do I pass along the contents dynamically added to the 'destination list/select' box along with the Submit request - without the user having to select items in the 'destination list/select' box. The items the user 'wants' have already been selected by being put in this 'destination list/select' box - so they shouldn't have to select them again.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks Dave

Let's say the div now looks like:

<div> <li id="destination_12">...</li> <li id="destination_11">...</li> <li id="destination_19">...</li> </div>

Use Prototype to collect the id's of your destinations into an array. Then, but that into a hidden field in your form: "$('hidden_field_id').value = destinations_array.join(',')"

Then, in your controller, you can: destination_ids = params[:...][:hidden_field_id].split(',') destinations = destination_ids.map{|d_id| Destination.find(d_id) } #or use something like: Destination.find(:all, :conditions=>['id in ?', destination_ids ] #but be sure to sterilize it

Hopefully that provides a starting point for you. Mike