Select updates database?

I am running on Rails 2.2.2 on Solaris (and also on my mac) against mysql. For some reason, when I use a select in the partial, the database does not get updated with the changed value. I am using checkbox for other fields which works perfectly. I can provide more information if needed, but I would like the field to work as a dropdown instead of a text field.

My Model:       has_and_belongs_to_many :industries, :join_table => "grant_loans_industry", :foreign_key => "grant_loans_id", :association_foreign_key => "industry_id"       belongs_to :state

My Controller:   before_filter :login_required

layout "admin"   active_scaffold :grant_loan do |config|     config.list.columns = [:agency, :gov_type, :title, :url]     config.columns.exclude :state_name     config.label = 'Grants and Loans'     columns[:state].form_ui = :select     columns[:industries].form_ui = :select   end

Partial:   <%= select :grant_loan, :business_type, ['for_profit','non_profit'], {:selected => @record.business_type, :prompt => "Select The Business Type"}, {} %>

I am running on Rails 2.2.2 on Solaris (and also on my mac) against mysql. For some reason, when I use a select in the partial, the database does not get updated with the changed value. I am using checkbox for other fields which works perfectly. I can provide more information if needed, but I would like the field to work as a dropdown instead of a text field.

ActiveScaffold expects things to be named in particular ways, I expect the select box you've generated isn't created parameters named the way it wants. You might be able to work out what the parameters should look like by letting activescaffold generate what it wants (ie don't use your partial) and seeing where the differences are. There's also an activescaffold google group out there.

Fred

Thanks, I will look at the active_scaffold group as well. If I don't find the answer, I will post there.