Select inside a hidden div

Is there any way to use select inside a hidden div block with a model object for the select items ? I have the block showing and hiding OK with observe_field, but the variable I'm using to see whether to show/ hide seems to be the only one allowed by the :with option to observe_field, so I can't see a way to get the model variable to the select box. I tried leaving it as it was before the observe_field and partial, but it doesn't see the variable anymore to populate the choices..

Please help.

Bob <bsm2th@gmail.com>

I think you will need to show us some view code. The minimum that shows the problem please.

Colin

_household.html.erb

<%= observe_field :household_zip,       :url => {:controller => 'households', :action => 'watch_church'},       :update => :church,       :with => '@churches',       :frequency=> 0.5 %>

<div id="church"> </div>

household_controller.html.erb

def watch_church   if (params['zip'] != "01540") && (params['zip'] != "01537") then     render :partial => "church_select"   else     render(:nothing=>true)   end end

_church_select.hmtl.erb

<b>Member of Local Church: </b> <% select("church", "church_id", Church.all.collect{|p| [p.name, p.id]}) %> </div>