Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. (SullivanCotter) is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer with top-notch software design and coding skills. This position is responsible for working with a fast-paced team to develop responsive and scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails and other open-source technologies. This position is responsible for designing and implementing features for SullivanCotter applications, and developing and maintaining applications built on Rails.
If you are interested in helping shape the future of a fast growing company, please read on.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4+ years of web application development experience using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and other open source technologies.
- Working knowledge of full-text search technology - Sphinx, Thinking Sphinx.
- Use source code management git (GitHub.com) and the collaborative github pull-request workflow to track changes, create branches, and merge patches between stable and release branches.
- Deep familiarity with Travis-CI and Airbrake.
- Working knowledge of Rackspace and Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to work as a team and independently while leveraging the contributions of others.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications for high performance and availability.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with database programming, analysis and design.
- Ability to work closely with business team members and other developers.
- Expertise with performance tuning, query optimization and database optimization methodologies.
- Ability to diagnose the root cause and troubleshoot issues whenever they occur.
- Object-oriented knowledge and concepts.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to participate in all stages of software development.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ruby on Rails
- Sphinx and Thinking Sphinx
- Git/ GitHub
- Rackspace and AWS
SullivanCotter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.