Salesforce integration with Rails app

Hi, I have problem here and have searched a lot on net but did not get any answers. Now what i am trying to do is create a rails app which talks to SalesForec API. I did a search found a Rails gem called ‘activesalesforce’ Now i installed it as per the instructions at http://activesfdc.rubyforge.org/. And it got installed properly with dependencies. Even check it in the gem list. Now when i try try run my server(using webrick fro dev), it gives me error:- **F:\salesforcetestapp>ruby script/server => Booting WEBrick… c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.1/lib/active_record/connection_a dapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:231:in establish_connection': Please install the activesalesforce adapter: gem install activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter` (no such file to load—active_record/connection_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter) (RuntimeError)**I am updated my rails and other gems. Now i have :- Rails - 2.0.2 Ruby is 1.8.5 MySql is 5.0.27 WebRick is 1.3.1

Also another issue with this salesforce integration is that i am not getting resource or blog online which speaks about rails implementation of saleforce integration.

I have questions like “How do we access local db when salesforce gem makes the db configuration in a way that seems that rails app can access only salesfore dataset?” Generally pointers to how do i go about doing the integration.

So if anyone can throw any light, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance ciao Arjun