Ruby Rails Has_Many fetching data

I am trying to fetch the information from books associated with a customer but seem that the middle association doesn't works

Here my model

Book     has_many :book_managers     has_many :customers, :through => :book_managers

Customer     has_many :book_managers         has_many :books, :through => :book_managers

Book_Manager     belongs_to :customer     belongs_to :book The field are has follow

Book Customer book_manager id id id description email customer_id               password book_id               first visible               last When fetching the information in my def edit, the following is successfull

@book = Book.first @book = Book.last The following seem to fails

@customer = Customer.find(params[:id]) @book = @customer.books.first @book = @customer.books.order("created_at DESC").first Is there something i miss?

I also try to verify by creating an index for book_manager controller and view and nothing appears, its seems its empty. The way i created the books was as follow

BookController

def create @book = current_customer.books.build(params[:book])     if @book.save         flash[:success] = "Book Created"         redirect_to root_url     else         render 'customer/edit'     end end