I'm looking for a Software Engineer, Web Architech & Front End Web
Developer to join the team at Oakley.
We would prefer all of our candidates to have experience with Ruby on
These positions are based in Foothill Ranch, CA. If interested please
apply online by going to our careers section found at Oakley.com.
Copy & paste the links to review the Architect & Developer job
- Front End Web Developer
Here is the Software Engineer Job Description:
It's in our DNA to identify problems, create inventions and wrap those
inventions in art. Some call it a relentless drive to make things
better. We call it Mad Science, and it lives in everything that fuels
Our headquarters in Orange County, California is home to creative
people who find equal time for the sports and Mad Science that define
our culture. We open our doors to people who embrace work and life
with equal passion
• Architect and build dynamic web applications, utilizing Ruby on
Rails framework and MySQL databases.
• Designs prototypes, wireframes, and build proof-of-concepts.
• 5+ years of experience developing Web applications.
• Solid grounding in the fundamentals of MVC-based software
• A commitment to test-driven development
• Knowledge of development techniques in a Unix environment.
• Write clean, well-structured mark up code in a text editor.
• Familiar with apache, SSH, GIT, SVN and CVS.
• Solid understanding and expertise with XHTML, CSS, cross-browser/
platform issues and associated modern browser compatibility issues.
Prototype), XML, and AJAX.
• Ability to code functional pages from mockups in collaboration with
• Experience building and implementing content management systems.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment & flexibility to
accommodate demanding schedules.
• Educated in development methodologies and best practices.
• Analyze complex problems and provide technologically sound
• Solid knowledge of technical requirements definition and design
• Knowledgeable in development tradeoffs between speed, design,
flexibility and the underlying page architecture.
• Passion for end-user focused software applications design; with a
high awareness of current industry design and usability trends.
• Must be aware of online accessibility issues and have experience
working to W3C accessibility guidelines.
• Strong proponent of web standards and usability.
• Development experience with E-Commerce websites.
• Strong knowledge of PHP.
• Experience with TextMate, Transmit.
• Passion for Web 2.0.
• Experience integrating Endeca and CoreMetrics.
• Knowledgeable in server architecture and design; able to perform Sys