Ruby on Rails Roast or Toast

I've been reading a lot about Ruby and we even have an open source solution to support it. I've been trying to track down some performance info for a prospect, but have found a lot of anecdotal information to support pros and cons, with nothing that makes my prospect's decision easy. This is prompting me to consider some sort of Ruby challenge for developers. I have no idea at this point what that might look like, but would be interested in some feedback. Please email me or visit my blog at: www.weborbworld.blogspot.com to comment. This seems like a great language and platform we would want to fully support just like we are supporting other languages and frameworks. The more squeaky wheels the better though. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Kathleen

I've been reading a lot about Ruby and we even have an open source solution to support it. I've been trying to track down some performance info for a prospect, but have found a lot of anecdotal information to support pros and cons, with nothing that makes my prospect's decision easy. This is prompting me to consider some sort of Ruby challenge for developers. I have no idea at this point what that might look like, but would be interested in some feedback. Please email me or visit my blog at: www.weborbworld.blogspot.com to comment. This seems like a great language and platform we would want to fully support just like we are supporting other languages and frameworks. The more squeaky wheels the better though. :slight_smile:

Hi Craig:

Thanks for your direction on this. When you say clip out comments, what do you mean. I'll most certainly do what I need to abide. Thank you.

kathleen@themidnightcoders.com wrote:

Hi Craig:

Thanks for your direction on this. When you say clip out comments, what do you mean. I'll most certainly do what I need to abide. Thank you.

I think he is saying the discussion should be here, but you can quote some of the interesting comments on your blog. He just doesn't want you stealing the traffic away to your blog for the main discussion.

"What happens in Ruby Forums, stays in Ruby Forums". :slight_smile:

cheers, jp

I suppose, in the context, this would mean to head on over to http:// dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails, find the material you want through the search engine, then copy/paste (giving attributes, of course).

I hope that if you simply request documentation there will be replies "in list", if you will.

-Thufir

By challenge to you mean programming?

See http://www.rubyquiz.com/