It is an Open Ended Consulting Assignment (3-6 months+) with an Open Rate.
Please contact us 212-338-9595 if you are available / interested. If you
are not, please feel free to forward this to anyone you know, who would
be a good fit, and is looking for a job.
Under the supervision of the Director of Web Development, with latitude for independent judgment, action and decision making, this position is responsible for development, deployment, and maintaining critical high-availability B2B Web applications.
This is a hands-on role that will work in a challenging, innovative and friendly environment utilizing the latest Rails standards and technology
for a ground-breaking web application. Candidates should enjoy working with an innovative team, fast paced and progressive company.
• 3+ Years of experience with Rails 2.0/3.0
• 5+ Years building web based applications
• Strength in all the Rails migrations, active record
• Experience in front end technologies such as jQuery or Mootools, CSS, HTML
• Direct experience with Postgres, MYSQL, or other SQL databases.
• Experience with version (svn, git, mercurial)
• Performs other related work, tasks, and projects as assigned by the Director of Web Development
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
• Experience with web using a variety of languages and tools
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Your Github account; show us your projects!
• Experience with developing commercial software product
• Strong Experience with Heroku
• Mobile development experience a plus
Client Relationship Manager
Staff IT, Inc.