Developers at LaunchPad Lab do more than just write lines of code. We’re product builders who solve meaningful problems alongside our clients.
We’re looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with a strong sense for building outstanding products. This role will give you the opportunity to work closely with clients to plan and develop new products and features. You’ll have the opportunity to see a number of products and industries.
The Perfect Match
You love to work with clients to create software applications that are impactful for their business. You want to play a key role in defining the product’s vision and roadmap and are eager to work closely with our developers, designers, and product managers to do so. You believe that our success is 100% dependent on our client’s success and that it’s our job to help our clients build the right thing.
You thrive on collaboration, understand the process of iteration, and are excited about taking projects from inception to launch. You are ready and excited to lead complex development projects and mentor junior developers. Most of all, you want to be part of a fun, challenging, and collaborative environment where egos are left at the door.
About LaunchPad Lab
Fueled by a team of passionate and driven product builders, LaunchPad Lab is a Chicago-based software development agency. We are intentionally small, skilled, and focused on our clients’ success. Our Seven Constants are the values that drive our company culture and decision making.
We work in a collaborative environment where everyone is expected to be creative and contribute to building outstanding products. Each day at LaunchPad Lab is an opportunity to work with a talented team focused on making a difference.
Our Development Team
As an agency, we’re able to work on a number of applications and different technology stacks. This allows us to create a culture of continuous learning from our experiences and solve problems through internal code reuse and open source - an internal effort we call OpEx.
Also as part of our commitment to developer growth, we’ve established a career development ladder. This ladder provides a framework and guidelines for how we continuously level up developers on our team.
Note: This job posting aligns with Senior Developer Level 4-5 on our Development Ladder.
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience architecting complex software applications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with clients
- Ability to bring creative solutions to difficult problems
- Entrepreneurial attitude with experience building products
- Must be located in the US
- Our company is based in Chicago, however remote is ok for this position
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance (company pays 100% of PPO premium)
- Dental Insurance (company pays 100% of premium)
- Vision Insurance (company pays 100% of premium)
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- $1,000 annual continuing education budget
- Flexible remote work and vacation schedule
- All benefits are available immediately upon starting
Thank you for taking the time to read this job description. It means a lot to us that you are interested in LaunchPad Lab and we look forward to learning more about you.
Apply here: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer - LaunchPad Lab