RUBY on Rails CMM level company does not have much employees

Why CMM level 5 Companies not working in ruby on rails rather than they worked in java or .net

All small companies are working in ROR And if any big company is working the strength of employees are much less in India why it is?

Maybe you should be asking those companies :slight_smile:

Thnaks for our reply

can you ask for me?

I think ROR is not For a big project tools That’s why it is only use for freelance

These companies are not freelancers http://blog.obiefernandez.com/content/2008/03/big-name-compan.html

Ok thanks for the information

But You know the employee strength of java and .net is much more rather than ruby on rails for those companies.

Because ror does not have a capability for big project

Dear Rajarshi,                     MNCs started recruiting ROR people.I heard TCS is recruiting 3yr experience rails developers. Dont think rails cannot be scalable. Its already proven technology.

Dear Venkata,

can you compare the strength of TCS in ror and in .net then u understand the difference

Thnaks

I mean employee strength

.net worked more than 8 Lacs and in ror it is 50 <

Dear Rajarshi, You know what, Microsoft is big client for TCS. Microsoft will deafinitely force TCS to use that technology and TCS has to go according to that desperitely. There are some big companies behind .net and Java, mind you. People started realizing the strength and fun of rails. It will take small amount of time for rails to rock in even MNCs not much time.

What is a big project according to you. Something like Facebook which is built on php is a big project for you? If you think so,Tumblr is also built on PHP but failed. Then what do you say? Does it mean PHP is not scalable?

BREAKING NEWS: companies burdened with legacy commitments (and fear of change) invest more in legacy technologies.

Amazing but true.

Me, I'm betting on the mammals.

Rails is agile. people should actually know this by now Rails is different from existing stuff, its the future CMMI is good but personally i think rails deserves something different and Rails is novel thing , at least where I live, in Pakistan few companies are working on Rails and in well known freelancing marketplaces theres not much Rails work still and usually I've seen people start jumping into outsourcing business without sufficient knowledge of software development and trying to start new companies

these people are utterly unaware of whats going on in the cutting edge of web dev. they only want to hire a few people, get an internet connection and start churning out low quality websites

and this wont stop, middle men in the first world are makin big money if they find a company in teh third world which produces stuff at low price and fast turnarounds

Rails is awesome. and awesomeness doesnt come cheap. plus rails is for highly opinionated people. period.

I'm hoping to see more people coming to rails

oooh I am just telling the truth man the strength of people in CMMi company is less for ROR Yes rails is awesome as far as i have developed srping struts rails is much better thna those. But strength of employee is less man As 1.Desktop application is not made by rails As Microsoft and ISO take place. Microsoft use .net and for mac ios use cocoa So only in that case it is far lagged behind others but for Web development RAILS IS THE GOD AND IT WILL

-- Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.comhttp://about.me/hassanschroeder twitter: @hassan

Good one! :smiley:

Larger companies are reluctant to invest in a technology until it has demonstrated some level of stability from a specification and tools point of view. In this light, breakages in backward compatibility may cause a technology to acquire a bad reputation that in turn impedes its adoption.

m

yep, because for Big Companies, "stability" is Job 1.

OTOH, smaller (== small-a-'agile') companies are eager to invest in a technology if it *currently* demonstrates some level of competitive advantage, because they're in a position to exploit it.

Place y'r bets, ladies and gentlemen, place y'r bets ... :slight_smile:

I think there are a lot more species of birds (ie dinosaurs) then there are mammals.

Colin