Ruby for a simple web app?

I am not a developer and I am not sure that Ruby is the best framework for my online app, don't know where to start, and not sure this is the right place to ask.

At a high level, the site will provide users a single function once self-registered (with email) or invited. They will be able to make a list, similar to a wish-list. And then invite friends to register and view the list.

I am planning on gwrowing the funtionality as the userbase grow, so for now I have a shared hosting account with GoDaddy (LAMP Server) I expect to have about 5 users concurrent in the beginning. will this be a simple task? What freelancing site or developers group would be good to contact?

Appreciate the help,

George

I think you are in the right place, George. Ruby and the framework Rails can perform those tasks without a problem.

restful_authentication is your friend when it comes to developing an authentication system.

The only thing that stands out to me in your request is using GoDaddy as your hosting account.

As a disclaimer, I am not a GoDaddy user, but an inexpensive shared hosting account may not be the best environment to deploying a Rails app. There will be some limitations. However, if you plan on the first phase being an 'alpha' phase and later move onto a better Rails host then using GoDaddy should be very doable.