ruby-debug19 error undefined symbol: ruby_current_thread

I am trying to deploy a Rails app ( Rails 3.0.9 / Ruby 1.9.2 ) in production (Debian 6) it's running fine in development mode on localhost ( OSX)

I am getting this error from Passenger : undefined symbol: ruby_current_thread

/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/rails/testsbga/shared/bundle/ruby/ 1.9.1/gems/ruby-debug-base19-0.11.25/lib/ruby_debug.so: undefined symbol: ruby_current_thread - /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/rails/ testsbga/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ruby-debug-base19-0.11.25/lib/ ruby_debug.so

I am using rvm :

ruby-1.9.2-p290@rails3 with Rails 3.0.9 & ruby-debug19 installed as : gem install ruby-debug19 -- --with-ruby-include="home/erwin/.rvm/src/ ruby-1.9.2-p290@rails3"

what could be wrong ? anything related with linebase19 and ruby- debug19 versions w Rails 3.0 ?? whatever it's a production deployment , I don't need ruby-debug in production... I tried to put gem 'ruby-debug19' into the development group of my Gemfile , but the production server keep requesting for it ...

On your production server do something like bundle install --without development test to tell it to only install the production gems

Colin

/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/rails/testsbga/shared/bundle/ruby/ 1.9.1/gems/ruby-debug-base19-0.11.25/lib/ruby_debug.so: undefined symbol: ruby_current_thread - /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/rails/ testsbga/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ruby-debug-base19-0.11.25/lib/ ruby_debug.so

I am using rvm :

ruby-1.9.2-p290@rails3 with Rails 3.0.9 & ruby-debug19 installed as : gem install ruby-debug19 -- --with-ruby-include="home/erwin/.rvm/src/ ruby-1.9.2-p290@rails3"

what could be wrong ? anything related with linebase19 and ruby- debug19 versions w Rails 3.0 ??

I've noticed that the ruby install is 1.9.1 on your production environment and 1.9.2 in dev. That might be the root of the issue, might not. Worth looking at.

whatever it's a production deployment , I don't need ruby-debug in production... I tried to put gem 'ruby-debug19' into the development group of my Gemfile , but the production server keep requesting for it ...

Is Passenger configured to run in the development environment? By default it is configured to run as production but that can be changed.

Thanks, B.