RoR skills assessment - anybody know these guys?

I’ve been approached about a RoR position and asked to take a skills assessment at

https://quizzes.sporkapps.com/search?string=evaluation

The site throws mismatched credentials alerts, the Terms and Conditions link doesn’t display any Terms and Conditions, and Google doesn’t find anything about the owner of the cert that’s newer than 2006.

Anybody know anything about these folks? Like who are they / do they have any cred to conduct an assessment of anybody’s RoR skills?

Best regards,

Bill

Never heard of them myself.

I'd be wary of anyone wanting you to use that site when they obviously haven't even tried it themselves first.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Jeff wrote:

Never heard of them myself.

Thanks for the reply.

I'd be wary of anyone wanting you to use that site when they obviously haven't even tried it themselves first.

Wary, I am. When I pinged the recruiter about it he said:

Unfortunately, there are not a whole lot of people who offer RoR skill assessments, but we have double checked the site and checked with [the company they're recruiting for], and they are confident in this vendor. I hope that alleviates your concerns.

Yeah, right :wink: Somebody I don't know vouches for somebody I don't know who's going to 'assess' my skills in a toolset I don't know that they know a damn thing about. Very likely. Right.

Best regards, Bill