right click or Context Menu in ruby without javascript

Hi,    This query is a replica of the link http://railsforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=51231.

As I was unable to get any replies from the rails forum, I am posting the same here.

I have developed an app using Rails 3. I have a table made to look like a calendar. I wanted to know if there were any methods or gems to acheive right click(context menu) action on the dates WITHOUT javascripts or jQuery. Please note, I am developing this on Rails 3.

That has nothing to do with rails. Also I dont believe it would be possible without Javascript in general.

That has nothing to do with rails. Also I dont believe it would be possible without Javascript in general.

It can also be done with html5 I believe, if the user is using an html5 compliant browser.

Colin

Norbert Melzer wrote in post #1084375:

Thank you for your reply..

Colin Law wrote in post #1084386:

Note that the HTML5 part of that only gets you the menu - actually doing anything when things are selected from the menu is only possible with JS.

–Matt Jones

Good point.

Colin

I finally decided to take up the right click using HTML5. Thank you all. I referred David Walsh website for the same(HTML5 Context Menus). Is there a way to remove the system generated right click options?

I finally decided to take up the right click using HTML5. Thank you all. I referred David Walsh website for the same(HTML5 Context Menus). Is there a way to remove the system generated right click options?

You could trap them in JavaScript and return event.preventDefault() to stop the normal response from happening.

Have a google for the right way to trap a right-click -- it's very popular in anti-piracy scripts.

Walter