RGhost encoding problem

Hi everyone,

I have been using RGhost to generate pdfs, but unfortunately I am having problems with how characters are displayed. I have followed the manual and everything I have tried does not solve my problem. I am using Rails 3 with MySQL and I the character encoding is utf8. My operating system is Ubuntu also with character set utf8 by default. The UTF-8 font encoding does not work in RGhost. I have already changed the driver to mysql2, and also tried to add :font_encoding => 'UTF-8' when creating the Document instance, but I get the following error:

--------------------- beginning output message

Never mind! After deliberate research, I found out that there was an illegal character in the database.