Retrieve session_key

The unobtrusive javascript plugin stores its generate javascript files in the session. But it has some issues currently putting things into the wrong session (because it doesn't check to see what session key is being set in the application controller). As such, it doesn't work unless you explicitly set the session key.

Currently I just added a line to my application controller like so: UnobtrusiveJavascriptController.send :session, :session_key => '_reminders_session_id'

I'd like to fix the UJS plugin and submit a patch, but I'm not sure how to best go about it.

You can't simply change the UnobtrusiveJavascriptController to derive from ApplicationController because it won't know what it is when it loads. So possibly you could do this, but specify a dependency or order of loading?

Otherwise within the UJS controller you could set the session key to match the application. The only way I have been able to get this to work is the following: session :session_key => ApplicationController.session.first[:session_key]

But this seems fragile and inelegant to say the least.

Comments, suggestions?