Restful Users

I just finished my authentication for my user model and session controller and a question popped into my head. I do want to stay restful and I don't know where to put my user control panel. I mean its not really a show user thing. I could have a hole new controller and views for the user control panel that just use data from other models that is the best idea I had but I figured I would ask the gurus first.

Isn't that just the `GET /users` path?

~ jf

Sorry its hard to phrase this question

My user controller is a restful resource so get user shows the profile page that all users access. I was wondering where to code the control panel users see when the log in.

Tyrel R. <lists@...> writes:

Sorry its hard to phrase this question

My user controller is a restful resource so get user shows the profile page that all users access. I was wondering where to code the control panel users see when the log in.

Which model(s) does the user's control panel pull information from? Keep in mind, you can create a controller which does not tie directly to an underlying model or database table, so why not create a ControlPanel controller with view, edit, and update methods?

The control panel or a users home screen might be a better phrase after thinking about it pulls data from a lot of models so I guess just a separate controller would work best thank you.