Restarting apache web server

Hi,

I'm following this guide RubyOnRails - Community Help Wiki to install ror and configure this with apache..I'm facing a problem when restarting the apache2 web server following some steps.

Only guessing, but have you tried removing the comment from your RailsEnv line? Perhaps it is not interpreting it as a comment and so complaining about the number of parameters.

Colin

Only guessing, but have you tried removing the comment from your RailsEnv line? Perhaps it is not interpreting it as a comment and so complaining about the number of parameters.

Colin

Thnxx colin..it worked

How do I make sure(test,if any) that my rails application is configured with apache2 webserver I have installed??

Sorry, don't understand. What are you trying to be sure of?

Colin

Hi I'm sorry for miscommunication. I've installed rails using the guide I've mentioned in the first post...I guess the default configured web server will be webrick...But I've configured my rails app to use Apache as a webserver...Now,how do make a test to make sure that my rails application is using apache as my webserver...

I tried to make something...when I run my demo application using ruby script/server...it returns something like this...

# ruby script/server => Booting Mongrel => Rails 2.3.8 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000 => Call with -d to detach => Ctrl-C to shutdown server Do that mean that I've configured my application with Apache+mongrel??

Thanks

Hi I'm sorry for miscommunication. I've installed rails using the guide I've mentioned in the first post...I guess the default configured web server will be webrick...But I've configured my rails app to use Apache as a webserver...Now,how do make a test to make sure that my rails application is using apache as my webserver...

Try stopping apache and see if the app stops working. sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop