Render new page but not refresh partial

Hi guys,

I have a rails application that are making streaming of music in a partial. So far so good. The problem is that I want to navigate on the application and not refresh the partial with the music playing because I want that music don’t stop playing or change.

Which the best way to accomplish this ?

Best Regards

Bruno

The only way to manage this is with a frameset (yes, like in 1997). This has some serious issues, because the browser's URL will never change, thus making bookmarking of individual pages within your application impossible (or really difficult).

Another way you can do this is with daughter-windows, which of course won't work well on mobile.

Is the music your core offering, or very close to your core offering, or is it a nice-to-have?

Walter

Thanks for your reply.

The music is my core offering.

How grooveshark handle with this ? By example …

Bruno

Domingo, 13 de Abril de 2014 16:15:56 UTC+1, Walter Lee Davis escreveu:

They are likely using partials to update the rest of the page, so there is no need to interrupt the main document loaded into the page, where the music is playing. Have a read up on "single-page javascript applications".

Walter

maybe you should have a look at http://apotomo.de/

The only way to manage this is with a frameset (yes, like in 1997). This has some serious issues, because the browser’s URL will never change, thus making bookmarking of individual pages within your application impossible (or really difficult).

On recentish browsers, the history api should allow you to keep forward/back/history still working while not actually reloading the page.

Fred