remove .git folder from svn

Hi   I use svn. I have git clone active merchant to vendor/plugin. This I did with a purpose to commit back my changes. But the problem is when I synchronize with svn it takes more time due to .git folder in vendor/plugins/active_merchant. My question is how can I ignore .git folder as well as .gitignore file in vendor/plugins/active_merchant when i synchronize with svn

Thanks Tom

Tom Mac wrote in post #978803:

Hi   I use svn. I have git clone active merchant to vendor/plugin. This I did with a purpose to commit back my changes. But the problem is when I synchronize with svn it takes more time due to .git folder in vendor/plugins/active_merchant. My question is how can I ignore .git folder as well as .gitignore file in vendor/plugins/active_merchant when i synchronize with svn

Although this is not the right forum for this question, which has nothing to do with Rails, I'll answer anyway.

Subversion uses properties to ignore files and directories. You will have to set this property on the folder(s) containing what you want to ignore. This is one of the most annoying things about Subversion and just one of the many reasons I no longer use it.

svn propedit svn:ignore ./vendor/plugins/active_merchant

Add these lines in the editor that opens and then save the changes

.git .gitginore

Then commit the property changes.

P.S. Don't forget to first "svn remove" the .git and .gitignore from your svn repository or they will continue being tracked even when ignored.

Next step... Stop using Subversion and move on to greener pastures!