remote call help

Here is my setup: I don't know how to use HTML on these groups, but find my code below.

<code> def change_calendar     @school = School.find_by_name(params[:school])     @events = Event.find(:all, :conditions => ['school_id = ?', @school.id], :order => 'date')     @upcomingEvents = @events.first(4)     @eventList =     @eventIdList =     @events.each do |f| #Create a list of dates to update the calendar       if ! @eventList.nil?          @eventList.push(f.date.to_date)          @eventIdList.push(f.id)       end     end     render(:update) do |page|       page.call 'toggleTab', 'a', @school.id, 3, 3, 0       page.replace_html 'miniCalendar2', '<%= put_calendar("Belle Meade") %>'     end   end </code>

If you will look at the page.replace_html line, you'll see what I am having problems with. There is a put_calendar helper that i use to generate a calendar. When the page initially loads, it's fine. But, when I call this function to replace the calendar with a new one holding the events only for a new school, it doesn't do anything. I am assuming that is because helpers only load the first time and you can't call them dynamically? what would be another way to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help.