Relocating an HTML element without rerendering anything?

Hey :slight_smile:

As some of you may know, I'm working on a drag-and-drop AJAX tree manager. I've got it pretty much done now, except for the dropping of one node onto another. I can relocate and save the node fine, but I'd like to be able to move the node and have it placed inside a specific inner div to where it's dropped without having to reload the place it's dropped. As the drop target is a node, too, and might be expanded at any number of levels, refreshing that node would kill this state, leaving it either collapsed, or expanded at just one level.

On my drop_receiving_element, I'd like to be able to say something like:

:success => "Element.move_to(element_id, target_id)"

Is there some way I can do this?

Thanks in advance, Daniel :slight_smile:

No worries, found this:

/*   This script is copyright (c) 2006 Elliot Swan under the   Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 license:   Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic — CC BY-SA 2.5

More information on this script can be found at:   http://www.elliotswan.com/2006/04/12/move-and-copy/   */

var Move = {

copy : function(e, target) {         var eId = $(e);         var copyE = eId.cloneNode(true);         var cLength = copyE.childNodes.length -1;         copyE.id = e+'-copy';

for(var i = 0; cLength >= i; i++) {         if(copyE.childNodes[i].id) {         var cNode = copyE.childNodes[i];         var firstId = cNode.id;         cNode.id = firstId+'-copy'; }         }         $(target).appendChild(copyE);         },     element: function(e, target, type) {         var eId = $(e);         if(type == 'move') {            $(target).appendChild(eId);         }

else if(type == 'copy') {            this.copy(e, target);         }         }   }