Redirections, Duplicate Content & Permalinks

Hi,

Recently I've looked at trying to get a permalink system up to increase my site's ranking in google (and to have nice looking URLs); however I've been very worried about google and duplicate content.

I currently already have a "flaw" in my site, in which if you go to mysite.com/tutorials/ID it will bring you to the same place as mysite.com/categories/CatID/tutorials/TutID . I really need the first one "/tutorials/TutID" to redirect to the second "/categories/ CatID/tutorial/TutID". When I decide to then release this permalink thing, I will then have URLs like this "/CatPerm/TutPerm", However I will then need the old links "/categories/CatID/tutorials/TutID" and "/tutorials/TutID" to redirect to "/CatPerm/TutPerm"..

I'm hesitant to release this permalink system because with multiple pages of the same content google will think I have duplicate content..

What should I do? How should I approach this?

I still don't really know how to setup the permalink system (well I've made "UrlExt" for categories, which will be thier "CatPerm"; but I dont know how to implement this in routes.rb).

If you need anymore information please just ask,

Please Help,

-Joe

I know it's bad not to wait 24hours until I bump, but I really need a response as soon as possible; and my topic is already way off the list that people read.

Please Help,

-Joe

Joe wrote:

I know it's bad not to wait 24hours until I bump,

Then don't do it.

but I really need a response as soon as possible;

So does everyone else. If you really need turnaround time this fast, please hire a consultant.

and my topic is already way off the list that people read.

Please Help,

-Joe

Best,