Re rendering a page with an additional Param

Hello!

takes you to the tire_results page. now this page is built on what tires are in @tire. So you may be looking at all the 14" tires I have. But you will be looking at singles, pairs and sets. I would like my customers to be able to narrow down what there looking for like just find all the set of 4's or all the pairs.

From the home page a :id gets past to tire_results page... bringing back all those tires... how can I reuse this same page to render the :id tires and narrow it down to were t.qty =='s 2 or 1 or what ever.

You can just pass it into the view as a hidden param.

Chris Habgood wrote in post #974783:

You can just pass it into the view as a hidden param.

like a session variable or some thing?

Well I was thinking that maybe I could build a route that went controller/action/id/qty So if :qty was absent it would use the general array of tires with that :id param and if :qty was present it would then delete all elements that didn’t meet the qty sent.

Currently the @tires array gets built on were size equals :id. I’m not sure how to say if :qty != nil{ delete_if( |t| t.qty != :qty}

<%= hidden_field_tag %>

Chris Habgood wrote in post #974783:

> You can just pass it into the view as a hidden param.

like a session variable or some thing?

I'd avoid session variables.

Well I was thinking that maybe I could build a route that went controller/action/id/qty So if :qty was absent it would use the general array of tires with that :id param and if :qty was present it would then delete all elements that didn’t meet the qty sent.

That is a nicer way of looking at things. It also means (unlike using a hidden form parameter) that people can link to that precise page, bookmark it etc.

Currently the @tires array gets built on were size equals :id. I’m not sure how to say if :qty != nil{ delete_if( |t| t.qty != :qty}

That's pretty much exactly what you'd do (or you might want to add the condition on qty into what fetches tries from the database)

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #975249:

That's pretty much exactly what you'd do (or you might want to add the condition on qty into what fetches tries from the database)

Fred

Thanks for letting me know I was on the right track.