rails generate model -h help text is wrong?

Usage:   rails generate model NAME [field:type field:type] [options]

Ok. I don't want a migration or a fixture. The help text doesn't tell me how to do that (it only tells me the default is to create those things), but some Googling seems to suggest I can prefix --fixture and --migration with 'no-'. I only want to pretend to run the generator, and the help text says I should use -p. So here goes, exactly as the usage string says:

%> rails -v Rails 3.0.1

%> rails g model foo -p --no-migration --no-fixture       invoke active_record    identical app/models/foo.rb       invoke test_unit    identical test/unit/foo_test.rb /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/minitest/unit.rb: 566:in `block in process_args': invalid option: -p (OptionParser::InvalidOption)         from /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/ minitest/unit.rb:545:in `new'         from /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/ minitest/unit.rb:545:in `process_args'         from /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/ minitest/unit.rb:576:in `run'         from /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/ minitest/unit.rb:492:in `block in autorun'

It blows up on the -p option. It doesn't even get to my undocumented -- no- options. What's going on?

Usage: rails generate model NAME [field:type field:type] [options]

Ok. I don't want a migration or a fixture. The help text doesn't tell me how to do that (it only tells me the default is to create those things), but some Googling seems to suggest I can prefix --fixture and --migration with 'no-'. I only want to pretend to run the generator, and the help text says I should use -p. So here goes, exactly as the usage string says:

%> rails -v Rails 3.0.1

%> rails g model foo -p --no-migration --no-fixture      invoke active_record   identical app/models/foo.rb      invoke test_unit   identical test/unit/foo_test.rb /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/minitest/unit.rb: 566:in `block in process_args': invalid option: -p (OptionParser::InvalidOption)        from /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/ minitest/unit.rb:545:in `new'        from /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/ minitest/unit.rb:545:in `process_args'        from /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/ minitest/unit.rb:576:in `run'        from /home/scott/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p0/lib/ruby/1.9.1/ minitest/unit.rb:492:in `block in autorun'

It blows up on the -p option. It doesn't even get to my undocumented -- no- options. What's going on?

I'm going to guess you've got something wrong with RVM or ruby-1.9.2-p0... I don't use RVM or Ruby 1.9 and it works fine for me... from a brand new rails app created with "rails new foo"....

philip@Philip:~/Desktop/foo $ rails -v Rails 3.0.1 philip@Philip:~/Desktop/foo $ rails g model car -p --no-migration --no-fixture       invoke active_record       create app/models/car.rb       invoke test_unit       create test/unit/car_test.rb