Rails Application offline with Data

I have a rails application. It’s quite a large site that allows the user to do many different things. One of the things is writing reports on people. I’m wanting to give the user the ability to lookup people from the database and write a report on them if they’re offline. Then have that report get pushed up to the server database once the connection returns. Is this possible? I’ve seen some off line gems, but how can I allow them to search for different people to look up and attach a report to? If I need to provide more information I can… thanks for reading and lending a hand!

I have a rails application. It's quite a large site that allows the user to do many different things. One of the things is writing reports on people. I'm wanting to give the user the ability to lookup people from the database and write a report on them if they're offline. Then have that report get pushed up to the server database once the connection returns. Is this possible? I've seen some off line gems, but how can I allow them to search for different people to look up and attach a report to? If I need to provide more information I can... thanks for reading and lending a hand!

You have said you want them to lookup people in the db when offline, and later push them to server db when online. Are there two databases? If so what is the relationship between them?

Colin

Currently, I have a rails application and a SQL Server database that it connects to for my production database. While they’re connected to the site (online) a user can lookup certain people and then fill out a report evaluation on them. I would like to allow them to be able to still look up a person and write a report if they are offline. From reading it seems like I’d need to store them information in HTML 5 local storage, and then when it gets the connection back it would upload the data from local storage back to the SQL Server database. If I’ve read up on this correctly… does that answer the question?