Rails application failed to start properly

I think I'm too close to this problem - and I'm guessing that the answer is actually obvious, but I don't see it.

I have an application that's getting the error message "Rails application failed to start properly". Everything else (all written with rails) on the site is running, it's just one function that is not working. I've tracked it down to the following statement in a view:

<%= link_to('Delete', {:action => 'deleteUser', :id => u},     :confirm => "Delete #{u.firstName} #{u.lastName}?",     :method => :post ) %>

If this statement is in the view, the function fails. If it is not in the view, the function works. I have further tracked it to the part of the statement that starts with :confirm. If I end the statement at that point, the function works.

Any suggestions?

I have encountered the same problem.

You may try running dispatch.fcgi directly in the public folder of your rails application. And you may get something helpful.

#cd public/ #./dispatch.fcgi

In my case, I got the error log below "ActionView::TemplateError (wrong argument type String (expected Proc)) on line #63 of unit/_search_form.rhtml:" (I am using a submit_to_remote in #63 of unit/_search_form.rhtml)

After googling about it, I think this problem was introduced recently and hopefully it has been solved.

You may refer to:

http://www.bluehostforum.com/showthread.php?t=13848

I wish this helps.

Michael Satterwhite wrote:

<%= link_to('Delete', {:action => 'deleteUser', :id => u},     :confirm => "Delete #{u.firstName} #{u.lastName}?",     :method => :post ) %>

<%= link_to 'Delete', {:action => 'deleteUser', :id => u}, :confirm => "Delete #{u.firstName} #{u.lastName}?", :method => :post %>

have you tried that?? if not work too, may be your problem is in your "u" variable.

Reinhart teapoci.blogspot.com booking2heaven@yahoo.com