Rails 2 general info

Hi,

I'm starting a new Rails project on Rails 2. But I run in an error with authentication token on my register form. Searching this forum, I think I have found a solution.

But my main consern is that I will stumble into more "problems". I am woundering where other Rails developers get their hands on new changes? Every night, I'm scanning diffrent blogs for read about new changes on Rails, but where do these guys get all their info? Take the authentication token for example. Google only came up with blog/forum posts of other people running into the same problem, but not one site where the subject gets explained in detail.

I hope some of you can let me in the secret of where getting some nice detailed information.

Thank you in advance

Use the source luke ! :slight_smile:

Fred

The API has been a great help the past year that I started developing in Rails. But I'm also looking for some info on Rails "coding" standards.

Take for example your view templates. I only came across a blog post that .html.erb or .xml.erb would be better for future use instead of .rhtml. Its more logic this way and .rhtml will probably be depricated in the next big Rails release. But I couldn't find anything else on this subject except on blog/forum posts.

I'm also looking into the rubyonrails.org docs but a lot of tutorials are out of date.

Or do you mean another source? :wink:

I'm also looking into the rubyonrails.org docs but a lot of tutorials are out of date.

Or do you mean another source? :wink:

I meant the actual source code. There's helpful comments here and
there, and the general process of keeping an eye on what commits are
made provide a lot of info. Of course i don't expect everyone has the
time to do that (half the time I don't) but luckily there are a number
of blogs that distill that flow of information down to a few choice
morsels.

Fred

Use the source luke ! :slight_smile:

Fred

lol! Nice, Fred!

One of the best places to keep up with changes is here: http://ryandaigle.com/