rails 2.3.2.not working working with cgi - How to revert

Hi All,

As the problem faced by many other folks that rails 2.3.2 is not working with cgi, Now I want to revert to rails 2.2.2 on my shared host (bluehost ) can anybody guide me how to revert to 2.2.2.

I tried the following: 1. I installed the older rails gem "gem install rails --version 2.2.2 --include-dependencies "

2. I tried to set the PATH env to my rails 2.2.2 version and also updated the .gemrc file

but no luck it seems i am still using 2.3.2

Any suggestions please.

Thanks a lot

Regards Saurabh

You have two alternatives.

1. Change the RAILS_GEM_VERSION in enviroment.rb 2. Vendor rails (put a full copy of rails in vendor/rails)

Hi Saurabh,

Hi All,

As the problem faced by many other folks that rails 2.3.2 is not working with cgi, Now I want to revert to rails 2.2.2 on my shared host (bluehost ) can anybody guide me how to revert to 2.2.2.

I tried the following: 1. I installed the older rails gem "gem install rails --version 2.2.2 --include-dependencies "

2. I tried to set the PATH env to my rails 2.2.2 version and also updated the .gemrc file

but no luck it seems i am still using 2.3.2

Best way is probably to freeze the version of rails you want to use in your development version, then deploy that to your shared host.

Easiest way is probably to modify environment.rb. RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2' If that version isn't available rails will raise an exception and won't start, but at least you'll know right away.

HTH, Bill

Thanks a lot it seems that this problem is solved but I am still I am facing issue , If any rails guru can help:

On the webpage I am getting the following error : Rails application failed to start properly

Following is the output of dispatch.fcgi .

./dispatch.fcgi Requiring REXML Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Set-Cookie: _session_id=f39adc9190bf58558fa67712b9fe29cf; path=/ Status: 302 Found Location: http://:/account/login X-Runtime: 1ms Cache-Control: no-cache Content-Length: 88

<html><body>You are being <a href="http://:/account/login">redirected</a>.</body></html>reviewpu@reviewpunch.com

Thanks Saurabh

bill walton wrote:

I ran into similar issues on Bluehost after they updated rails to 2.3.2 and realized I had my .htaccess wrong and rails had been running in cgi mode. I put together a detailed article with a new bluehost rails install guide they haven't thought to put on the support site since the recent upgrade.