rails 2.2.3 dirty.rb field_changed? method throwing arg error on creating an obj

I have a new model I've just built. It's associated with another model
via has_many. I'm trying to create one of these obj's for the first
time and I keep getting an Argument Error as follows:

ArgumentError (wrong number of arguments (3 for 0)):
    C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.3/lib/
active_record/dirty.rb:135:in `field_changed?'

this happens when I try to create the obj, but it's deep in the rails
codebase and I cant figure out why it's happening.

I've tried both creating the object as part of the association like
this:

self.updates.create()

and directly like this:

update = Update.create() or update = Update.new()

with and without values passed in as a hash and get the same results
every time.

has anyone else seen this?

I have a new model I've just built. It's associated with another model
via has_many. I'm trying to create one of these obj's for the first
time and I keep getting an Argument Error as follows:

ArgumentError (wrong number of arguments (3 for 0)):
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.3/lib/
active_record/dirty.rb:135:in `field_changed?'

this happens when I try to create the obj, but it's deep in the rails
codebase and I cant figure out why it's happening.

What columns / associations/ methods does your model have ? I'd guess
that one of these is accidentally overriding a core activerecord
method.

Fred

from the migration that created the table:

    create_table :updates do |t|
      t.integer :update_request_id
      t.integer :change_type
      t.integer :assoc_obj_id
      t.string :field_changed
      t.string :new_value

      t.timestamps
    end

anything pop out there? I did try to name these attribs to avoid a
clash, but perhaps I missed something?

sorry... we added to the original migration so that now the attr's are

      t.integer :update_request_id
      t.integer :change_type
      t.integer :assoc_obj_id
      t.string :field_changed
      t.string :new_value
      t.integer :resolution

      t.timestamps

sorry... we added to the original migration so that now the attr's are

  t\.integer :update\_request\_id
  t\.integer :change\_type
  t\.integer :assoc\_obj\_id
  t\.string :field\_changed
  t\.string :new\_value
  t\.integer :resolution

field_changed is the one (the fact that the error message is talking
about field_changed is a hint in that direction

Fred

OMG, you're right! Couldnt see the forest for the trees. Thx, Fred!

This didnt show up in any lists I looked at for MagicReservedwords and
such... I might have to find time to walk thru the rils code to see
what other names could clash w method names.

thx again

I have added field_changed to the list at
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/reservedwords

Colin