Rails 2.1 w/MS SQL Server 2008 warning re: ":lock option"

All,

I'm successfully running my 2.1 app. against MS SQL Server 2008. One of my actions generated these messages, though:

Warning: SQLServer :lock option 'nil' not supported

It doesn't appear to hurt anything, but I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and could shed some light on what it might mean.

Thanks, Wes

What's the code that generates this? If the consequence of this is that you're not locking a row when you thought you were then you might end up with nasty race conditions or something further down the line.

Fred

I'm not sure yet. It just popped up after my upgrade to 2.1.

Will advise, Wes

Fred,

I suspect that it is this query that generates the complaint.

SELECT TOP 1 [DataSetInfo].DataSetID FROM [DataSetInfo] INNER JOIN DataTables ON DataSetInfo.DataSetID = DataTables.DataSetID WHERE ([DataSetInfo].[DataSetID] = 386) AND (([DataTables].JobReferenceNumber = 1223))

Wes

Wes Gamble wrote:

Fred,

I suspect that it is this query that generates the complaint.

SELECT TOP 1 [DataSetInfo].DataSetID FROM [DataSetInfo] INNER JOIN DataTables ON DataSetInfo.DataSetID = DataTables.DataSetID WHERE ([DataSetInfo].[DataSetID] = 386) AND (([DataTables].JobReferenceNumber = 1223))

Wes

In addition, it appears that the following options are present when these queries are executed:

select [DataSetInfo].DataSetID conditions [DataSetInfo].[DataSetID] = 571 limit 1 offset lock

But I have no idea how the :offset => :lock option is getting in there.

Wes