Questions about Rails Conf.

Hi, I am going to my first Rails Conf and I had a few questions that I can't find answers for:

Do you have to decide which seminars you are taking and like sign up or can I sporadically change my mind, even 10 minutes into a talk.

I can't decide which seminars to attend, If I miss one, are they recorded so I can watch them later?

Do the rooms ever fill up? I mean can I miss a seminar because there are too many people that want to go to a specific talk and the room won't hold them all. AKA do I need to go in early and grab a seat.

Do y'all have suggestions for "don't miss this one" seminars? They all look great to me.

Thanks in advance.

Good questions! I'd like answers to the same ones. I'm going on the Thursday and I know the Tuorials had limited space, and we got stuck in a couple of pretty useless ones for us... gonna try to switch when we get there.

All answers based on last year's conference which was also at the OCC.

Good questions! I'd like answers to the same ones. I'm going on the Thursday and I know the Tuorials had limited space, and we got stuck in a couple of pretty useless ones for us... gonna try to switch when we get there.

Your tutorial sessions are listed on your badge. I doubt you can switch at the last minute.

Hi, I am going to my first Rails Conf and I had a few questions that I can't find answers for:

Do you have to decide which seminars you are taking and like sign up or can I sporadically change my mind, even 10 minutes into a talk.

Only the tutorials required your prior reservation. The seminars/talks are first-come, first-served (seated).

I can't decide which seminars to attend, If I miss one, are they recorded so I can watch them later?

I presume that they will be, but RailsConf2007 *wasn't*. However, ConFreaks.com wasn't around then so that might have changed.

Do the rooms ever fill up? I mean can I miss a seminar because there are too many people that want to go to a specific talk and the room won't hold them all. AKA do I need to go in early and grab a seat.

Yes, some do. At the Oregon Convention Center, they actually close the doors and post a sentry when the room is "full". Typically that meant when all the chairs were filled, but there were some standing around. There were only a few that filled up last year, but if you can tell from the title that a talk you want to see will be popular, then you should go early and take a seat.

Do y'all have suggestions for "don't miss this one" seminars? They all look great to me.

Thanks in advance.

I hope I helped.

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn http://agileconsultingllc.com Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com

What about parking? Is it free? For 600 bucks, it ought to be :slight_smile: