Question re: .rjs files

Kenny Mr wrote:

Kenny Mr wrote:

Alan Francis wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by reload. :slight_smile:

If you open a brand new browser and hit the page for the first time (ie dont just hit refresh), is the cart hidden or visible ?

I just tried creating a .rjs file here at work using Dreamweaver MX. When I check the extension in the Windows Explorer directory, the file type is RJS. My Internet Explorer version here at work is 6, my IE version at home is 7. I use Windows XP Home edition both at home and work. I also tried creating one using Notepad - same results. I used both Radrails and Cute HTML at home for my .rjs file, but it shows file extension as RealSystem Skin. I don't have the RealPlayer software on my pc at work. Did at home, but I have uninstalled it, hoping that would make a difference.

Windows has an internal register of what each file type is (depending on when a piece of software registers itself as capable of handling a file type) - I guess when the RealPlayer was set up, it registered RJS as a file type it handles. Now, any file with that extension will show up with that explanation. Perhaps, a search on de-registering a program from handling a file extension will help. It must be in the registry, I guess - on my PC, it seems to be under "My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\..." the ... = the extension in question, example .aiff or .rjs

I'm not sure what you can do with that information, though :stuck_out_tongue:

On the other hand, if all you want to achieve is that the file open with a different program, then right click on the file and select the "Open With..." option and scroll down to "Choose Program.." and then "Select from a list" and finally browse/ scroll to the program that you want to open this file with. Remember to check the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" - thereafter, it will open with that program.

I hope this helps.. hope, I didn't completely misunderstand your question :smiley:

Cheers Mohit.

Hi Kenny,

I am facing the same problem of not being able to see "Add to Cart" button although i see "empty cart" while coding as per Chapter 9 of ROR book (2nd ed.). I am working on Linux. Did u find the solution for your problem? Any pointers that can solve this conundrum would help me sleep :slight_smile:

Preet. Kenny Mr wrote:

Hi Kenny!

I just found the solution for our problem!!

Use this code in index.rhtml and it will like a charm (at least it did for me):

<%= form_remote_tag (:url => { :action => :add_to_cart, :id => product }) %>       <%= submit_tag ("Add to Cart") %> <%= end_form_tag %>

There are mainly 4 changes: 1) Open the form_remote_tag with <%= instead of <% 2) remove "do" at the end of "form_remote_tag" closure 3) Coreesponding END tag for 'form_remote_tag' is "end_form_tag" and not "end" 4) Don't forget to include '<%=' in front of "end_form_tag" instead of just <% or else ur cart will not work correctly.

All the best!!

Preet

Kenny Mr wrote: