Question about Active Record

Good Morning,

I'm an student of Computer Engineering from Simón Bolívar University, in Caracas Venezuela. I'm working in my thesis about ORM and their "respectfulness" on databases. In order to have a better understanding of the Ruby on Rails ORM, I'm wondering where do I can read about the low-level methods of the ORM, or what module can I study to see that. Why I'm looking for is something like how ActiveRecords translates for example an search on SQL.

Sounds like you want to be looking at the arel gem and at ActiveRecord::Relation

Fred

Fred thanks for the response, a friend and I did some tests and found some useful info. Altough we’re now wondering what would it happen if we decide not to work with ActiveRecord on RoR, what features of the framework we’re going to lose?

Fred thanks for the response, a friend and I did some tests and found some useful info. Altough we’re now wondering what would it happen if we decide not to work with ActiveRecord on RoR, what features of the framework we’re going to lose?

You’d lose the persistence layer, unless you replace it with another one (datamapper, mongoid etc.)

Fred