Problems with Sqlite3 and apt-get

I am new to Ruby, and have a problem to install Sqlite3.

After searching the previous posts, I found a solution, first to do :   sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-0 libsqlite3-dev

However, I am on an AWS Ec2 instance which don't have apt-get, only with yum. Would anyone please tell me how to install apt-get, or how to use yum to install libsqlite3-dev ? Really appreciate !

Scott

I am new to Ruby, and have a problem to install Sqlite3.

After searching the previous posts, I found a solution, first to do : sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-0 libsqlite3-dev

However, I am on an AWS Ec2 instance which don't have apt-get, only with yum. Would anyone please tell me how to install apt-get, or how to use yum to install libsqlite3-dev ? Really appreciate !

The naming is slightly different - looks like sqlite-devel is the yum package you want.

Fred

Thanks, Frederick, it works. I can go one step further now.

However, I still have a problem with "rails console": `require': no such file to load -- readline (LoadError)

I saw some solution to do : yum install ncurses-devel readline- devel

I did it. However, the next steps should be :

cd <ruby_src>/ext/readline ruby extconf.rb make && make install

But I cannot find ext/readline in my ruby directory: /home/ec2- user/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p180/ and don't know where this extconf.rb should be :slight_smile:

Scott

it will be where the source code for ruby is. Seeing as you are using rvm, the easiest thing is probably to ask rvm to reinstall ruby for you - it should build the readline extension automatically now that the readline development package is installed.

Fred

After I re-installed Ruby, 'rails console' works. Really appreciate your helps, Frederick !

Scott