Problems with rspec + remote db

hey guys, I'm having a problem here, I have a pc in my house that I use as a db server (postgresql). I have the pr-postgresql gem running and it works very well But when I try to "rake spec" I get these 2 errors

C:/ruby/bin/rake: No such file or directory - dropdb -U "coleira" coleira_test C:/ruby/bin/rake: No such file or directory - createdb -E unicode -U "coleira" coleira_test

after doing a "rake spec --trace" I found out that this is happening at the rake db:test:purge task, so I'm gessing that it is trying to run "pgsql" from my machine. I tested migrating the database and it all went fine.

Is it not possible to use RSpec with a remote db? Any help will be fine, thanks in advance =)

hey guys, I'm having a problem here, I have a pc in my house that I use as a db server (postgresql). I have the pr-postgresql gem running and it works very well But when I try to "rake spec" I get these 2 errors

C:/ruby/bin/rake: No such file or directory - dropdb -U "coleira" coleira_test C:/ruby/bin/rake: No such file or directory - createdb -E unicode -U "coleira" coleira_test

after doing a "rake spec --trace" I found out that this is happening at the rake db:test:purge task, so I'm gessing that it is trying to run "pgsql" from my machine. I tested migrating the database and it all went fine.

Is it not possible to use RSpec with a remote db?

RSpec just wraps Rails testing in terms of interaction w/ databases, so this is really a rails testing question. One which I can't answer for you, but hopefully someone else on this list can.

Yeah, the problem is that Rails goes through the command-line client for dropping and creating with a db. You just need to add it to your path.

Pat