problem with dynamic values in popup box

hi,

i am using popup box for alert for repeated items with some dynamic values to display in my popup i have saved all values in @employee variable and when it call pop using button click it does't shows me data that is in @employee like     <div id="popup">   Employee list filtered      <% @employee.each do |emp|%>        name <%= emp.name%>        department <%= emp.dept %> <% end %> </div>

only "Employee list filtered" is seen in popup on other dynamic values are not displayed in it could any one provide me solution ?

thanks, -pab

You could include some more diagnostics in your output, for example, before the 'each' loop try displaying @employee.size to see if there is anything there. The symptom suggests that it is empty.

Also have a look at the Rails Guide on debugging, in particular how to use ruby-debug to break into your code to inspect data and follow flow. If you find that @employee.size is 0 then break into the controller code that sets it up to see what is going on.

Colin

What does the value of your @employee variable look like. Where do you assign it?

hi,

I assigned it my controller like @employee = Employee.find(:all,:conditions => ["exp =?",params[:exp]])

i tried it by putting each loop in controller and it workes well, but in case of popup box its not working and also @employee.size is also not displayed in popup

thanks, -pab

hi,

I assigned it my controller like @employee = Employee.find(:all,:conditions => ["exp =?",params[:exp]])

Did you try removing the :conditions so it is just .find(:all) to see what happens? By the way, you should really call it @employees so you know it is a collection not just one employee.

i tried it by putting each loop in controller and it workes well, but in case of popup box its not working and also @employee.size is also not displayed in popup

What do you mean it is not displayed, if you do size: <%= @employee.size %> what do you see?

What did you learn by using ruby-debug and breaking into the controller code?

Colin

well it will show the size of the array..

Is that supposed to be an answer to one of the questions previously asked? You have given no indication of which one, nor have you answered some other questions.

Please reply again to whichever post you are replying and insert your message inline at appropriate points in the previous post so that we can see what you are replying to.

Colin

there is no problem with my code if i try that with some partial page, data listed perfectly, but only in case of popbox data is not displayed

thanks -pab