problem sending email from restful authentication

i am having problems sending email using the restful authentication plugin..

the trick is, it seems there is a problem in getting openssl to work.. i am not sure where this falls into the scheme of things..

the error code i am getting is:

OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError (hostname was not match with the server certificate):   /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/ssl.rb:123:in `post_connection_check'   /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:582:in `tlsconnect'   /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:562:in `do_start'   /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:525:in `start'   app/models/user_observer.rb:3:in `after_create'   /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/observer.rb:185:in `notify_observers'   /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/observer.rb:184:in `each'   /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/observer.rb:184:in `notify_observers'   app/controllers/users_controller.rb:14:in `create'

Most problems with smtp come from an incorrect configuration. Can you show more details of how you configure?

i.e. For me, a functional configuration for sending mail through gmail looks like this (from config/initializers/action_mailer.rb):

ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :smtp ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {    :enable_starttls_auto => true,    :address => "smtp.gmail.com",    :port => "587",    :domain => "engine.local",    :authentication => :plain,    :user_name => "bultaco.rick",    :password => "******" }

hmm..

okay, i was initially used to setting up actionmailer (to use smtp) in environments, i think..

i have recently upgraded my rails.. i think it's in a new place..

it didn't put it in initializers either.. poking around..

thanks!