problem loading tinymce on localhost

i've downloaded and installed tinymce but for some reason it wouldn't work when i load it locally on the localhost:3000. but when i saved the output as html and the related files with it, then it would show up. when it didn't load on the localhost, firefox didn't show any errors but ie7 showed "tinymce" null or not an object.

what is the problem here? does the tinymce not work locally or something? i'm lost..i also put the script tag before the scriptaculous so i know that's not the problem...any help would be great thanks!

html output code that works when saved but not running on local server:

<link href="/stylesheets/style.css?1204299391" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <script src="/javascripts/tiny_mce.js?1204074224" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/javascripts/prototype.js?1203288234" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/javascripts/effects.js?1203288234" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/javascripts/dragdrop.js?1203288234" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/javascripts/controls.js?1203288234" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/javascripts/application.js?1203288234" type="text/javascript"></script> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> tinyMCE.init({   mode : "textareas",   theme : "simple" }); </script> </head>

your post isn't very clear to me, so i can't help you with details

i used tiny in several projects by now and it works fine in dev and production modes when setup properly. i would assume, you're missing to include the files properly or some paths are wrong