Preload form fields with vaiables

I have the following for which uses javascript to preload a couple of fields but it doesn't work on a Blackberry (even IF javascript is enabled there). Is there a non-javascript way of preloading the fields I have in my form below? Thanks, Janna

<h1>Send Email</h1> <% form_remote_tag :update => 'Body', :url => {:controller => 'emailer', :action => 'sendmail'}, :html => {:name => 'form'+(params [:id]).to_s} do %> <p><label for="email_subject">Subject</label>: <%= text_field 'email', 'subject' %></p> <p><label for="email_recipient">Recipient</label>: <%= text_field 'email', 'recipient', :readonly => 'true' %></p> <p><label for="email_message">Message</label><br/> <%= text_area 'email', 'message' %></p> <%= submit_tag "Send"%> <% end %> <script>     var r = '<%= getAddy(params['id']) %>';     document.<%= 'form'+(params['id']).to_s %>.email_recipient.value = r;     var s = '<%= getSub(params['id']) %>';     document.<%= 'form'+(params['id']).to_s %>.email_subject.value = s;   </script>

I have the following for which uses javascript to preload a couple of fields but it doesn't work on a Blackberry (even IF javascript is enabled there). Is there a non-javascript way of preloading the fields I have in my form below? Thanks, Janna

If your @email object has attributes called subject and so on,
text_field will take the value from there, if not the helpers take an
option (:value) or an argument to set what the initial value should be

Fred

Yes yes....here it is, I have it working and here is the syntax, in case someone searches and arrives here in the future. Thansk Frederick!

<%= text_field 'email', 'recipient', {:value => getAddy(params [:id]), :readonly => 'true'} %></p>

# Janna B