polymorphic_path - How to Create One given a table

Hello, i have table AuditLog with fields including: audited_id | audited_type

That results in data like: 108 | Photo 303 | Comment

What I want to do is create a link to the item, so for the example above:

<a href="/photos/108">here is the photo</a>

I'm trying to use a polymorphic_path but am getting an error: "undefined method `model_name' for Fixnum:Class"

When using:

<%= link_to 'Here she is', polymorphic_path([audited_id, audited_type]) %>

Ideas? Thanks

you have to pass 2 objects to polymorphic_path(parent_model_object, object) , audited_id is a number , that is what Fixnum:Class means, polymorphic path assembles a helper method like this,

polumorphic_path(audit.auditable, audit ) =====> takes the first object passed as audit.auditable, because auditable is the alias for the parent model, so in your case is trying to get the  model out of that first parameter which is a number, when it should be instance of Photo or comment, so it can create this =>  photo_audit_path , you see? this happens if you pass an instance of the parent model and then the instance of the polymorphic model.

you are passing a number and a string, auditer_id is a number and audited_type is a string.

Interesting, so what I have available is: audited_id = 33 audited_type = Photo

So using the polymorphic_path how do I take what I have from the DB AuditLog record and pass an instance of Photo?

<%= link_to 'Click to See It!', polymorphic_path([record.audited_id, record.audited_type]) %>

?

Maybe there is a better way to make the link : "/photos/33" based on the data I have?

Something like /<%audited_type.pluralize%>/<%audited_id%>

Any suggestions? Or is polymorphic_path the right way to go?

Thanks,

Brett

hum , i thought i was clear… oh well

polymorphic_path(audit.auditable, audit )

Ah shoot, I think the reason it wasn't working is I had some records in the table that were empty for the polymorphic assoc... I guess it fails if it's blank.. thank you!