Plugins Not Loading

Hi.

I'm running Rails 3.0 on Mac OS X, and I'm trying to get the acts_as_list, other plugins, as well as libraries running. From what I understand, rails should be loading those automatically once placed in the proper directories. However, that is not happening in my case, and I'm getting errors such as "undefined method `acts_as_list' for #<Class:0x1040dfde0>". acts_as_list is in vendor/plugins.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Put the proper entry in your Gemfile, then run ‘bundle install’.

I put "gem 'acts_as_list'" in Gemfile and ran "bundle install" but I'm still getting the same error. And I don't necessarily need to run acts_as_list as a gem do I? Also, this would not help with files in the lib directory, which aren't loaded either.

Thanks, Yaron

I found the problem. It seems Rails 3 is no longer configured for auto-loading by default. To get the libraries and plugins loaded I added the following lines to config/application.rb:

config.autoload_paths += %W(#{config.root}/lib) config.plugin_paths = [File.join(RAILS_ROOT, 'vendor', 'other_plugins')]

More on this on the following pages: https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/5218-rails-3-rc-does-not-autoload-from-lib

Regards, Yaron