Plugin auto_complete - unable to get it to work at all.

I believe I found a partial answer:

In my teams controller I placed:

class TeamsController < ApplicationController   skip_before_filter :verify_authenticity_token, :only => [:auto_complete_for_team_name]

def auto_complete_for_team_name()   team_name = params[:team][:name]   @teams = Team.find(:all, :conditions => ['name LIKE ?', "%" + team_name + "%"])   render :partial => 'teamname' end

def virtual_matchups end

In my virtual_matchups.html.erb file I placed as a test:

<h1> Test Virtual Matchups </h1> <%= text_field_with_auto_complete :team, :name ,{}, :skip_style => false %>

I created a partial for teamname:

<ul>   <% for team in @teams do %>     <li>       <div>         <%=h team.name %>       </div>     </li>   <% end %> </ul>

In my routing file I placed:

map.virtual_matchups '/virtual_matchups', :controller => 'teams', :action => 'virtual_matchups'

I restarted the server and the autocomplete works for this page, but I haven't tried it with a form.

My thoughts on this are it was very cumbersome to get it to work. I had to go through several different sites, put together all the pieces of the puzzle before it finally worked.

I have no idea why I had to use the skip_before_filter but without it, it would not autocomplete.

Can someone please look over the fixes I provided and if you have knowledge of autocomplete let me know if there is a simpler way of getting it to work, and/or what I need to do to polish up the code I created thus far to get it to work?

I will need two fields and a submit button that performs a query to the same controller but to a different action that will render a completely different partial containing information.

Many thanks in advance.

my guess: auto_complete_for_team_name is called through ajax and the ajax call does not provide (bring along) any authenticity_token...

links which substantiate my guess :wink: http://ryandaigle.com/articles/2007/9/24/what-s-new-in-edge-rails-better-cross-site-request-forging-prevention http://henrik.nyh.se/2008/05/rails-authenticity-token-with-jquery